This unit group is for all advertising, management, and promotion consultants: Advertising and promotion consultants plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities of establishments and departments involved in commercial and industrial advertising.
Most likely to work in:
Halifax, Southern Region
Most employees have:
Non-university certificate or diploma / Bachelor's Degree
What you do
Advertising consultants assess characteristics of products or services to be promoted, advise clients on advertising or sales promotion strategies, and develop and implement advertising campaigns.
In the oceans technology sector, advertising consultants may work within companies or with the industry to design advertising strategies and campaigns aimed at the local, national and international markets.
An Advertising Consultant performs some or all of the following duties:
- Plan, direct and evaluate the activities of firms and departments;
- Develop and implement advertising campaigns to promote the sales of products and services; and
- Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the design, development and maintenance of internet sites to manage an organization's internet presence including public relations, communications and commercial activities.
What you need
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Effective oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Capable of analytical and logical thinking;
- Negotiating skills;
- Research skills; and
Who's hiring in Nova Scotia?
References and further reading
- Association of Canadian Advertisers
- Careers Nova Scotia
- Create your career plan
- 0124 National Occupation Classification
* The employment outlook over the next few years for this occupational group is "good", which indicates the chances of a qualified individual finding work is above average.
Your Career Pathway
Opportunities for Hands-on Experience
- Secondary School
- Co-op: Options and Opportunities (Arts and Business streams)
Post-Secondary Educational Programs
- Certificates, Diplomas, Community College
- University Bachelor's Degree
- Masters Degree