ELECTRICAL ENGINEERS AND TECHNOLOGISTS – (Hybrid)
We Are Fleetway!
We believe Canada’s maritime fleets need to be reliable and fit for purpose, with crews that are fully trained and supported. We work as a trusted technical partner during design, construction, in-service, and end of life. We are proud to deliver quality professional technical services including Engineering, Integrated Logistics Support, Technical Editing, Configuration Management, Project Management, Training, Technical Translation, and Marine Technical Services.
Over the past 35+ years, we have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers. Everything we do is aimed at developing our people and improving our use of innovation to be the leading professional services provider in the marine industry.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 designation.
We are looking for any level Electrical Technologists or Engineers to join any of our office locations in Dartmouth NS, St. John's NL, Ottawa ON, or Victoria BC.
Our Electrical Technologists & Engineers are a critical component of the Fleetway Engineering team that develop 3D models, drawings and technical studies, as well as ensure the completion of engineering change proposals and systems integration projects for government and commercial vessels. They are respected in the industry through their proven hands-on experience in marine engineering environments and their ability to provide solutions to client engineering design challenges.
Fleetway Inc. is committed to the principle of employment equity and strives to provide an environment where all employees feel supported, valued, and free from discrimination and harassment. Fleetway Inc. is committed to providing an accessible organization by removing barriers for people with disabilities. We encourage applications from qualified African Canadians and other Racially Visible Persons, Women (applying for non-traditional positions), Persons with Disabilities, Aboriginal persons and persons of the LGBTQ2S+ community.
Key Responsibilities and Outcomes:
- Developing technical studies, drawings and specifications for government and commercial vessels
- Report writing and equipment selection
- Incorporating Engineering Changes into existing designs
- Working on systems integration projects
- Conducting power and communication systems analyses
- Conducting Voltage Drop and Short circuit current calculations
Qualifications & Skills
- Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering OR Electrical Engineering Technology Diploma from a Post-Secondary Institution
- 2+ years proven hands-on experience in 2D drafting, 3D modeling and engineering design/integration projects
- P. Eng if Senior Engineer
- Experience using Microstation and/or AutoCAD
- Proficient in MS Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Experience in Naval Warship design is considered an asset
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances.
What We Offer
The successful candidate will receive a starting salary based on applicable experience with demonstrated knowledge, skill and abilities along with a comprehensive package including:
- We are regularly adding new departments, positions, and functions within Fleetway, as well as the broader J.D. Irving group of companies. There is a lot of growth and development opportunities for future career advancement
- We have training budgets to provide direct support to training and development plans, including professional certifications, memberships, or designations
- We have Mental Health first aid trained staff in all offices, and an ongoing subscription to Not Myself Today mental health support in the workplace program
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- Ability to save for your future with our generous RRSP program
- Flexible work hours (core hours)
- Hybrid work arrangements
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan, with enhances focus on mental health and wellness
- Annual health & wellness reimbursements
- Business casual work environment, with casual Friday’s
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
If you are interested in applying for a current or future Electrical Technologists & Engineers career opportunity with JDI, please click the “Apply Now” button and complete the online application form. Additionally, in your covering letter, we ask if you could identify how your work background and experience aligns with the job profile and requirements.