We are currently seeking a Materials Handler who as part of the Materials Group, would provide support with inventory control, order fulfilment and receiving. The successful candidate will have exceptional organizational and time management skills to ensure both customer and company requirements are met in the most efficient manner possible.
- Confirm accuracy of incoming items and associated documentation
- Organize, label and store inventory in the proper location including use of forklift and pallet stacker
- Ensure safe and proper labeling of chemicals and confirm accuracy of associated documentation
- Pick materials to fill Manufacturing Orders
- Communicate status updates of outgoing shipments and received items to relevant parties as required
- Assist with regular cycle counts & year-end inventory count
- General cleaning/housekeeping of warehouse & inventory area
- Constantly look for ways to improve job function and a willingness to learn and grow within the company
- 1-3 years experience working in a warehouse environment
- Ability to share knowledge and work within a team environment while being capable of working independently
- Dynamic and have the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, agile environment while providing a high level of accuracy and detail
- Energetic and motivated with the ability to keep on top of various projects
- Willingness to embrace change in both technology and processes
- Computer/tech savvy with experience using Microsoft products and internet searching tools
- Solution-oriented and eager to solve problems
- Ability to lift and carry 50 lbs.
- All candidates must be eligible to apply for, and maintain Canadian Controlled Goods and Canadian Government Security Clearances
GTI offers competitive salary and benefits, and a comfortable, flexible work environment within a highly skilled team. If you enjoy tasks that require a methodical approach, attention to detail, and critical analysis; then this may be the right opportunity for you!
GTI is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from qualified African Nova Scotians, racially visible persons, Aboriginal persons, persons of the 2SLGBTQ community, persons with disabilities and women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.
While we sincerely thank all applicants for applying, only those chosen for an interview will be contacted.