The Newfoundland and Labrador Oil & Gas Industries Association (Noia), with support from the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency (ACOA), is organizing an Atlantic Canada trade mission to Guyana and Suriname, from October 21-25, 2019.
Participation is open to Atlantic Canadian firms and organizations and is subject to capacity limitations.
There are exciting opportunities in Guyana’s emerging offshore oil & gas industry. Exploration by ExxonMobil and partners has revealed billions of barrels of recoverable oil off the coast of Guyana.
This is a frontier area for oil & gas exploration and development and may pose a substantial export opportunity for companies currently active in the Atlantic Canada supply and service sector.
This mission will also include an optional one-day program in Suriname where companies will participate in business-to-business meetings and a networking event with local stakeholders.
DAI has been contracted to provide matchmaking and business support to companies participating in this mission. DAI works directly with Guyanese suppliers to support them in entering the oil & gas supply chain. The Centre also has an extensive database of Guyanese oil & gas suppliers in the country and a full, local team dedicated to the oil & gas industry.
How to participate:
· Indicate your interest by registering online by July 31, 2019
· Participating companies will be selected by August 2, 2019
If you are selected to participate:
· There is a mission fee of $750 per firm;
· Participants will begin discussions and planning with DAI
· Travel costs are the responsibility of the participants
· A block of rooms will be available at the Guyana Marriott Hotel Georgetown
For more information on this program, please contact Beverley Bishop at 709-758-6712.