We are currently seeking an administrative professional to join our executive support team. Reporting to the Manager Admin Services, this position is a junior role with the opportunity to get involved in all aspects of office administration, travel planning, HR and timekeeping. The successful candidate will be a personable, critical thinker who demonstrates attention to detail and the ability to seamlessly multitask. You will be an integral part of the support team able to confidently build trusting relationships with employees and management. The role requires a motivated, hard-working individual that has a desire to continuously learn and develop.
- Business Travel Arrangements & Expense Reporting – book and ensure travel policy is administered for all employee travel. Reconcile monthly AMEX and process executive expense claims as required.
- Calendar Management – coordinate agendas, send meeting invitations, book meeting rooms and arrange IT resources and refreshments in support of smooth and efficient executive meetings.
- Assist the Manager Admin Services with
- creating, maintaining and updating Company Policies and Procedures,
- providing professional support and
- managing internal company events.
- Assist with internal HR related inquiries and requests
- Support recruitment function by setting up interviews
- Assist with onboarding activities for all new employees
- Assist payroll with weekly timesheet submissions by auditing for accuracy ensuring timely completion of all timesheets
- Other tasks as assigned
Experience & Education:
- Post-secondary education - undergraduate degree or community college diploma
- Knowledge in booking business travel or willingness to learn
- Familiar with MS Office, timekeeping and accounting systems
- Solid understanding of administrative functions and best practices
- Attention to Detail - Success is in the details. You notice things others do not with your strong attention to detail while maintaining a high degree of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Multi-tasker – You are not bothered by multiple requirements having similar or conflicting deadlines because you are confident in your time management abilities.
- Values – Values define you. You are dedicated, trustworthy, professional, possess a strong work ethic and are always accountable for your actions and decisions.
- Critical thinking – assists to inform your process of decision making. This also aids the creative approach to problem solving
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize deliverables and manage time effectively
- Team player - Eager to get involved, learn, and develop within a team as well as independently
- Independent - Ability to work autonomously when required
- All candidates must be eligible to apply for, and maintain Canadian Controlled Goods and Canadian Government Security Clearances.
GTI offers competitive salary and benefits, and a comfortable, flexible work environment within a highly skilled team. If you enjoy tasks that require a methodical approach, attention to detail, and critical analysis; then this may be the right opportunity for you!
GTI is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.