About Deep Vision
Deep Vision is based in downtown Dartmouth, Nova Scotia with over 20 years experience in developing novel machine perception technology, a specialized form of AI, to enable autonomous systems. We operate in both the defence and civilian domains. Currently, Deep Vision is focused on maritime and ocean applications including fully autonomous target detection and tracking, passive obstacle avoidance for Unmanned surface Vehicles (USVs), real-time marine mammal detection, and Maritime Search & Rescue using fixed-wing UAVs (no operator necessary).
About the Role
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to join our team. The successful candidate will lead the identification and qualification of international opportunities, and drive the growth of international business through the development and maintenance of relationships with existing customers, new customers, end users and partners.
Position Title: Business Development Manager
Reports To: CEO
Employee Type: Full Time, 40 hrs/week
Vacancy Type: Permanent
- Initiate and participate in bid and proposal activities, and deliver executive-level presentations on new business opportunities
- Identify new markets and potential clients and build relationships
- Work with and develop productive relationships with strategic partners within Federal departments and agencies, and with foreign governments/agencies and corporations at all levels
- Represent Deep Vision effectively at customer meetings, trade shows, and conferences
- Collaborate with our development team to ensure client needs are met
- General support within the marketing function
- Draft written promotional material if required, and manage Deep Vision’s LinkedIn account
- Act as liaison person with the media when necessary
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and developments
- Strong English language skills – an additional language would be an asset
- Experience in planning, drafting, defending, submitting, and managing proposals in response to Canadian and international calls
- Comfortable presenting and public speaking on behalf of the company
- Knowledge of CRM is an advantage
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Confidence to deal with and communicate well with people at all levels of authority.
- Self-initiated, resilient, dynamic, pragmatic, capable of organizing the work hands-on.
- Ability to adapt and learn as needed
- A pro-active attitude to work
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Marketing, or related field.
- Canadian citizenship – dual nationality would be an asset
- UK security clearance (or willing and able to obtain)
- Valid driver’s license
- Express a willingness to learn and gain a basic basic understanding of Artificial Intelligence, in particular the sub-field of machine perception. Previous knowledge is considered an asset
- Willing and able to undertake domestic and international travel for customer meetings, trade shows, etc.
Why Work for Deep Vision
- Starting salary of $60,000 with review after 1 year of employment
- Performance based incentives including commission on winning proposals
- Convenient downtown Dartmouth office location with your own personal office
- Highly flexible work schedule, with importance on healthy work-life balance
- Hybrid work from home schedule
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement within company
- Two weeks vacation, plus all holidays officials
- Extended paid leave over Christmas holiday period
All applications must be received via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications should include a resume and cover letter. We thank all applicants for their interest and all applicants will be replied to. For more information about Deep Vision Inc. please visit www.deepvision.ca