Dartmouth, NS (On-Site)
Reporting to the Director of Software and Applications within the Operations Department, the DevOps Engineer will work as part of a cross-functional team to optimize the development, testing and deployment of software components. The DevOps Engineer will be involved in all aspects of the software development lifecycle and will be a key contributor to the design and implementation of software development tools, infrastructure, and processes.
Duties and Responsibilities
The DevOps Engineer’s responsibilities include but are not limited to, the following:
- Create automated CI/CD pipelines to build, test, and deliver software applications.
- Implement automation solutions to deploy and orchestrate microservices.
- Design and implement secure infrastructure as code (IaC) components to automate the provisioning and management of development, testing, and production environments.
- Develop/integrate tools and institute processes to manage cloud cost, security, monitoring, scalability, and redundancy.
- Collaborate with software development team members to improve development processes and tools.
- Interact with cross-functional teams across MetOcean for cohesive product development.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Extensive hands-on experience designing and implementing cloud solutions (preferably AWS) in accordance with industry best practices.
- Experience building and developing scalable, resilient, always-on infrastructure.
- Proficiency in scripting languages such as Python, PowerShell, or Bash.
- Experience with containerization and orchestration tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, and Helm
- Experience with IaC tools such as Terraform or Ansible
- Experience leading and mentoring junior DevOps engineers.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced collaborative environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- High energy level with the ability to think creatively - passionate about the business.
- Experience with observability tools such as Elastic Stack, Prometheus/Grafana/Loki, or AWS CloudWatch.
- Experience with .NET applications.
- Proficiency with Git and GitHub workflows and integrations with tools such as JFrog Artifactory, SonarQube, AWS CodeBuild and AWS CodeDeploy.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent. A Master’s degree is an asset.
- AWS Cloud certifications desirable.
- 5+ Experience as DevOps Engineer role or similar.
Working at MetOcean Telematics
We are committed to an inclusive environment where people feel comfortable being themselves. We want our people to think that all voices are heard, and all cultures are respected. We treat each other fairly and with dignity regardless of race, gender, nationality, ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, or anything else that makes us different.
MetOcean Telematics is an equal-opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.