GeoSpectrum Technologies Inc. (GTI) is a quickly growing company with 20+ years experience designing and manufacturing underwater acoustic transducers and sonar systems for a variety of applications, including defence and homeland security, ocean science, and oil and gas.
As the Director of Human Resources at GTI, you will play a pivotal role in shaping the company's strategic direction through effective people management strategies.
This is a newly created position that requires a seasoned and transformative HR leader who can drive strategic HR initiatives and provide skilled leadership and development of both people and culture. This position leads and oversees the HR department, ensuring the implementation of best practices that drive employee engagement, development, and overall organizational success. Reporting directly to the President, and working collaboratively with others on the senior leadership team, you will influence the ongoing growth of our dynamic organization and help nurture a positive workplace culture.
Ideally, you will also have a comprehensive understanding of the unique challenges and opportunities that occur within a values-driven and rapidly growing hi-tech engineering and manufacturing firm that is home to 200+ smart, innovative, and results-oriented employees.
- Develop and execute HR strategies aligned with the company's goals and objectives.
- Oversee recruitment and selection processes, ensuring the acquisition of top talent.
- Develop and implement training programs to enhance employee skills and knowledge.
- Drive employee engagement initiatives, including recognition programs, wellness activities, and career development opportunities.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of and compliance with labor laws and regulations.
- Implement and refine performance management systems, and HR policies and procedures.
- Provide guidance to managers on performance evaluations and development plans.
- Manage employee relations, addressing concerns and conflicts immediately and effectively.
- Lead benefits and compensation strategies, ensuring competitiveness in the market and compliance with relevant regulations.
- Lead, mentor, and manage the HR team, fostering their professional growth.
- Collaborate with leadership to drive diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Prepare HR-related reports and metrics for executive level review and decision-making.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or a related field; Master's degree preferred; CPHR designation is a strong asset.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive HR experience, with 5 years in a leadership role.
- Strong understanding of Canadian labor laws, regulations, and employment standards.
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align HR initiatives with business objectives and values.
- Proven track record developing and implementing successful HR strategies that drive organizational growth, including setting, monitoring, and evaluating KPIs.
- Exceptional leadership and team management skills, with a focus on coaching, professional development, and conflict resolution.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities, with the capacity to interact effectively at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience in talent acquisition, performance management, employee engagement, organizational development, and equity/diversity/inclusion best practices.
- Experience providing strategic advice and recommendations to executive level leaders.
- Experience developing work culture improvement initiatives with verifiable positive impacts.
- Strong time and project management skills with unwavering attention to details and results.
- Experience overseeing and administering competitive compensation, benefits, and training.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), and BambooHR.
- High level of integrity and the ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
If you are a seasoned and strategic HR leader with a passion for driving organizational success through effective people and culture management, we encourage you to apply for this newly created role. GTI enjoys a reputation as an employer of choice and has a collaborative and innovative workplace with a strong leadership team. We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and opportunities for professional growth.
We ask that you submit both a resume and a cover letter explaining your interest in this particular position at this point in your career. Please upload both documents.
We will be accepting applications and interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis until the position is filled, so we recommend that you apply immediately. Accommodations are available upon request to support your participation during all phases of the recruitment process.
GeoSpectrum Technologies Inc. is committed to building a diverse and inclusive workplace where all employees feel valued and respected. As such, candidates of all races, ethnicities, gender identities, sexual orientations, abilities and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.