GeoSpectrum Technologies Inc., (GTI) is a quickly growing company that designs and manufactures underwater acoustic transducers and systems for a variety of applications including defence and homeland security, ocean science, and oil and gas. With over two decades of experience, our company’s core values are embedded in our work. We provide reliable, customized solutions that go above and beyond the requirements of our customers at affordable prices.
We are currently seeking an Electrical Engineering Technician to join our manufacturing group. The successful applicant will join our manufacturing team with a focus on electrical assembly and test of components for complex underwater acoustic systems. We’re looking for someone detail-oriented and passionate about their work, with an ongoing desire improve their skills. Qualifications must include formal technician or technology training from a recognized college. Compensation is competitive and will depend on qualifications and experience.
- Work within our experienced manufacturing team of skilled engineers, technologists and technicians to produce cutting edge marine acoustic technology
- Assembly, inspection and test of electronic components and sub-assemblies, including: PCAs, wiring harnesses and test of piezoelectric assemblies.
- Product testing, including; product characterisation using spectrum analysers, impedance analysers, Insulation Resistance testers and Hipot test.
- Complete and maintain product build and test verification documentation. Assess product compliance to established quality standards
- Maintain product documentation including assembly and test procedures
- Support and contribute to continuous improvement initiatives within the manufacturing group
- Operate within a dynamic manufacturing environment in a safe manner, adhering to all safety precautions and procedures including the use of appropriate protective equipment
- Supporting and ensuring adherence to our Quality Management System
- Formal technician or technology training from a recognized college or university
- Experience in electrical or electronic assembly and test of components and systems
- 1-3 years of soldering experience with good dexterity and the ability to solder IPC-A_610 and IPC Class 3 Standards
- Experience with equipment for underwater use or PCB assembly and test considered an asset
- Experienced in reading engineering documentation, wiring schematics and BoM’s
- Detail-oriented and well organized
- Passionate about build and test and producing a quality product
- Good teamwork and communication skills
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including safety shoes and respirator
- All candidates must be eligible to apply for, and maintain Canadian Controlled Goods and Canadian Government Security Clearances
GTI offers competitive salary and benefits, and a comfortable, flexible work environment within a highly skilled team.
GTI is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.