Ocean Sonics Ltd. (www.oceansonics.com) is a growing, innovative, Ocean Technology company that designs and manufactures Smart Hydrophones. We require an Electronic Design Engineer who can create high quality subsea acoustic electronic designs. This includes sensors, accessories, and test equipment. We are looking for a team player to help the company through its next stage of innovation and growth.
• Manage the electronic design of new low power digital circuits and existing products from concept development, simulation, design capture, prototyping, testing and handing over to production
• Interface with marketing to ensure customer focused designs
• Specify innovative new products based on customer feedback
• Circuit board design & layout
• Create and manage BOM’s
• Degree in Electrical Engineering
• 3+ years’ experience in a product development environment
• Experience with low power design and digital systems
• Project and people leadership skills an asset
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with electronic and bench equipment
• Strong computer skills: MS Office and cloud-based tools
• RF and analog experience and asset
Compensation and Benefits Details
• Competitive salary
• Flexible work schedule
• Health plan- Dental Care, Extended Health Care and Vision Care
• Life Insurance
• Culture of caring for the planet and each other
• Wonderful new building built for the employee’s benefit and enjoyment!
Ocean Sonics is a certified BCorp company that puts social and environmental impact alongside company profits. BCorp’s in Canada are a diverse group of companies that share Canadian values of: inclusion, sustainability, equity and diversity.
This is an excellent opportunity for growth and to bring your energy and problem-solving experience to a dynamic team. If you are interested in this exciting challenge, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org . Only selected candidates will be contacted