Marine Thinking is seeking an individual looking to join an agile, dynamic, and motivated team in the artificial intelligence (AI) and robotic technology industry. Our technology aims to help protect the environment by supporting the sustainable development of the marine industry. We are looking for an Embedded Engineer who is a self-starter, critical thinker, and highly interested in the application of new technologies and methods for monitoring ocean health, to join our on-site operation team in Halifax, NS.
The Key Responsibilities of an Embedded Engineer Include:
· Designing of electronics and embedded systems for ocean technology platforms;
· Providing electrical and data integration for a wide variety of instruments, including meteorological, oceanographic and telemetry equipment;
· Executing procedures for design and development control of non-conforming products, including dependency support for sales, field service, and customer service;
· Meeting client objectives and diligently working on clarifying and establishing requirements that were previously undefined;
· Creating or updating documentation for buoy systems', fabrication, assembly, and maintenance;
· Integration and configuration of custom systems to meet client specifications;
· Collaborating, and providing technical feedback and guidance to mechanical, software and data design teams;
· Implementing applicable industry standards to meet regulatory requirements and drive safety, quality, interoperability and efficiency-based design outcomes;
· Leading the assembly, testing, and troubleshooting products as required.
· Minimum five years of experience in relevant engineering design roles;
· Must have at least a BEng in Electrical, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline;
· Have a thorough understanding of product design principles and standards;
· Proven excellent problem-solving and deductive reasoning skills;
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
· Willingness to take responsibility and highly motivated to meet tight deadlines.
Highly Desired Skills and Experience
· Leadership experience within multidisciplinary development teams and demonstrated ability to lead teams to successful outcomes;
· Experience in managing design projects, delivering operational marine systems;
· Experience with schematic capture and PCB layout for embedded systems design
· Senior level programming/debugging skills. Preferred experience with C++ programming for embedded systems, and Python for data analytics and scripting/automation;
· Experience writing low-level applications to run on a microcontroller or microprocessor;
· Experience with microcontrollers and low-level hardware interfaces, e.g. SPI and I2C, working with standard peripherals such as Flash, RAM, ADCs, EEPROM etc.
· Experience using and understanding communications systems such as serial, Ethernet, CAN, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, 802.15.4 etc.
· Experience with Analog/Digital debugging tools such as logic analyzers, oscilloscopes, etc.
If the latest marine tools and technology development interests you and are enthusiastic about taking on new challenges as we continue to push our technology forward, come and join our highly skilled and growing team!
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.