Ocean Sonics Ltd. (www.oceansonics.com) is a growing, innovative, Ocean Technology company that designs and manufactures Smart Hydrophones used to improve the quality and success of underwater sound measurements. We require an Embedded Firmware Engineer who can work with our team developing firmware for use with our Smart Hydrophone, products, and accessories.
• Prototype, design, implement, test and deliver highly robust and efficient embedded firmware solutions for our products
• Write clean, structured, tested and, maintainable code
• Create and update software product documentation
• Understand product requirements, engage with team members to define solutions
You are a curious, dedicated, and highly motivated person with a positive attitude who is eager to learn and ready to join an innovative company with few formal procedures and limits.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
• Minimum 3 years of experience in embedded firmware design (preferably C/C++)
• Analytical, detail-oriented, and data-oriented with a passion for problem-solving
• Experience working with and architecting multithread, real-time programs
• Ability to follow software standards
• Ability to work as part of a team on new and existing firmware development
• Eligible to work in Canada Related Skills Requirements
• Development experience with 32-bit processors (ARM cortex)
• Deep understanding of DMA, interrupts, UART, SPI, I2C, Timers.
• Experience with low power design and Real-time operating systems
• Experience with Git
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Compensation and Benefits Details
• Competitive salary
• Flexible work schedule
• Health plan
• A wonderful new building designed for the employees to enjoy and a culture of caring for the planet and each other.
If you are interested in this exciting challenge, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org