Integrated Business Planning Specialist (Permanent)
Ottawa, ON/Victoria, BC/Halifax, NS
Underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, asset management, and specialist training, Babcock International works with customers around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
In Canada, Babcock works in the Marine sector, where our teams provide critical and complex support to Canada’s submarine fleet. Our Canadian team is proud to be trusted to deliver key naval in-service support for the Royal Canadian Navy. We also operate in the Aviation sector, where Babcock ensures that the aircrew trainees of our partner nations receive the world’s best flying training. We deliver vital aerial emergency services and are proud to have been selected by the Government of Manitoba to deliver their wildfire suppression services, as well as key components of their critical air ambulance services. As well, we have expanded into the Canadian Nuclear Energy Industry. Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is a leading nuclear services company with a growing national and global presence. Drawing on over 60 years of nuclear experience, Cavendish Nuclear provides specialized service solutions in Canada, with global capabilities across the entire nuclear life cycle.
Whether it is providing technical training instruction, developing training materials or maintaining critical training assets, Babcock is trusted by its customers to deliver world-class training solutions.
Our business relies on our people delivering their best day in and day out. As individuals, we all make a difference to our colleagues, our customers and others who we interact with on a daily basis. Collectively at Babcock, our employees embody the ‘Being Babcock’ principles that help make us great at what we do:
- Always strive to deliver
- Build great relationships based on trust
- Safeguard customers’ reputations
- Never compromise on health and safety
- Challenge ourselves and each other
- Respect people and value their diversity
- Thrive on complexity
- Trust our people to deliver
We encourage you to explore our Babcock Canada website to learn more about us at www.babcockcanada.com.
In this role, you will:
- Drive the Integrated Business Planning (IBP) approach across the company, ensuring the implementation of a sustainable methodology to planning that builds relationships, aligns the organization, and emphasizes preparedness for change.
- Collate, verify and analyze all source data to identify trends and opportunities within the Integrated Business Plan.
- Produce a suite of regular reports, enabling key stakeholders to be make informed decisions regarding resources, financial information and plans for future growth.
- Build insightful, real-time analytics that allow for what-if scenario creation and the ability to react swiftly to sources of variability.
- Establish a robust governance framework for IBP including clear roles, decision rights and policies.
- Assist in the establishment of short, medium and long-term aims for IBP, which clearly articulate what IBP will deliver for the business.
- Be accountable for version control for all business planning activities and documentation.
- Contribute to the development of tactical business plans/strategies.
- Undertake other duties as deemed necessary and reasonable.
The ideal candidate brings:
- At least four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Proven knowledge of Integrated Business Planning (IBP).
- Quantitative analytical skills relating to business forecasting and statistics.
- Advanced capability with Microsoft Excel and Primavera P6.
- The ability to consolidate complex data/information into concise communication points.
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI or similar data visualization tools.
- The ability to work with precision and accuracy, demonstrating attention-to-detail.
- The ability to identify and implement innovative solutions to increase efficiencies.
- Proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, meaning that you must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Government of Canada with the final dose at least 14 days prior to your start date
- You are eligible for a Canadian Secret Security and ITAR Clearance
Applicants, please apply online at https://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/
Babcock Canada supports the safety and wellbeing of our employees through the following programs:
- Contributions towards an employee’s physical and mental health
- Wellness days
- Supportive work life balance: flexible work schedule and competitive annual vacation time off
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Employer matching of employee retirement contribution
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Support of professional development and reimbursement of membership dues
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families
Babcock is committed to promoting a workforce without boundaries. One that welcomes everyone to contribute to our success regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.