GeoSpectrum Technologies Inc., (GTI) is a quickly growing company that designs and manufactures underwater acoustic transducers and systems for a variety of applications including defence and homeland security, ocean science, and oil and gas. With over two decades of experience, our company’s core values are embedded in our work. We provide reliable, customized solutions that go above and beyond the requirements of our customers at affordable prices.
We are currently seeking detail-focused Manufacturing Assemblers who enjoy working with their hands in a fast-paced, dynamic environment to join our growing team. As a Manufacturing Assembler, you will work within our skilled manufacturing group to build components for world-leading custom underwater acoustic devices. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an exceptional level of attention to detail while maintaining a high level of productivity.
- Assemble components and assemblies by hand to tight tolerances working from assembly procedures, drawing and bills of materials
- Use a variety of skilled assembly techniques including bonded assembly, encapsulation and use of hand tools to fasten, attach and secure parts
- Prepare materials for assembly using solvent cleaning and abrasive surface preparation.
- Use various chemicals, adhesives and compounds to encapsulate and, bond parts.
- Reads and interpret detailed documentations such as drawings, assembly procedures and bills of materials
- Document actions by completing production and quality forms
- Observe and remove products that do not meet quality standards
- Utilizes a variety of test, measurement equipment in the verification of product specifications
- Affixes labels, company logos and exterior details to products and packages completed products for shipment
- Maintains a clean, hazard free work station by cleaning and maintain equipment, tidying production floor and complying with health and safety procedures, rules and regulations
- High school diploma/GED equivalent
- Aptitude and drive for hands-on assembly, background in a detailed hands-on assembly in other fields considered an asset
- High attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to learn/understand engineering and general documentation
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to wear personal protective equipment including respirator
- Soldering experience with good dexterity and the ability to solder to IPC-A_610 and IPC-620 Class 3 Standards would be considered an asset
- Hardworking and motivated
- Excellent organization skills
- High level of computer literacy
- Exceptional time management skills
- All candidates must be eligible to apply for, and maintain Canadian Controlled Goods and Canadian Government Security Clearances
GTI offers competitive salary and benefits, and a comfortable, flexible work environment within a highly skilled team.
GTI is committed to Employment Equity and our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative at all job levels. We welcome applicants from Aboriginal People, Visible Minority Groups, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations of positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of the equity groups you are encouraged to self-identify on either your application form, covering letter or resume.