Ocean Sonics Ltd. (www.oceansonics.com) is a growing, innovative, Ocean Technology company that designs and manufactures Smart Hydrophones.
We require a Sales Engineer who is a detail focused, enthusiastic individual with a strong sales drive who can understand and provide the best technical solutions for our customer’s requests from product integration to creating new and innovative solutions. This is a hybrid role incorporating both sales and engineering.
The ideal candidate will have ocean acoustic experience and can earn the customer’s trust while solving their technical challenges. You are people oriented and comfortable reaching out to potential users to help remove roadblocks and enable them to achieve great results with our Smart Hydrophones.
• Identify and meet with prospective customers to develop new business
• Propose technical solutions for customers from simple to very complex
• Assess clients needs. Recommend or assist in the selection of appropriate goods or services, and negotiate prices or other sales terms
• Maintain and grow sales relationships with existing customers
• Bridge the gap between customers and engineers
• Integration of Ocean Sonics products into various platforms (Buoys, AUVs, ASV etc.)
• Oversee customers system configuration for building by production
• Instruct customers on best practices on the use of Ocean Sonics’ products
• Prepare quotes, RFP (Request for Proposals) and EOI (Expression of Interest)
• Produce drawings for customers, engineering, and production
• Work within the CRM to maintain high quality contact with clients
• Perform bench, tank and field tests as required for special projects
• Demonstrate products to customers virtually or face to face.
• Assist in planning and executing of exhibitions, demonstrations, conferences, and sales visits
• Gather insights into new products, new markets, and customer expectations
• Electrical engineering degree
• 2-3 years working in a technical environment, ideally in the acoustic or RF field.
• 1-2 years in sales environment
• Manage time, priorities, and meet deadlines
• Strong computer skills: MS Office (Word, Excel and Power point) and cloud-based tools
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A team player who brings creativity, enthusiasm, and a strategic outlook
• Entrepreneurial attitude
• Travel is involved therefore valid driver license and passport are requirements
• Second spoken language and an asset
Compensation and Benefits
Ocean Sonics is offering full time employment and a competitive wage and benefits package including a Health Spending Account with Quikcard (www.quikcard.com) and a flexible work schedule. We are committed to training to keep all our employees at their peak performance. This is an excellent opportunity to bring your energy and problem-solving experience to a dynamic team. If you are interested in this exciting challenge, please forward a copy of your resume and cover letter in pdf format to email@example.com .