With a strong foundation established over 30 years, Fleetway offers a comprehensive capability of engineering, technical, logistics, and management services. We have built an outstanding team of people and partners, invested in the tools, and earned an exemplary track record servicing our customers.
Fleetway’s experience includes project design and development, project implementation, in-service support, and disposal services. Serving commercial and government clients in the marine, naval, oil & gas, and other industrial sectors, we have the people, the credentials, the infrastructure, and the proven track record to provide our customers with the service excellence and value that they are looking for.
We uphold the highest standards of quality, safety and security, and are registered to the ISO 9001:2015 Standards.
We are looking for a qualified Sr. Marine Technologist for our Dartmouth, NS office.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Education Required: Associate's Diploma in Engineering Technology with 10 years' experience, QL6B or M Manager certification with Canadian Navy
- Proficient with maintenance procedures and documentation
- Experience in technical writing and proficient with MS Office
- Must have attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Must be able to meet project deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience working in a shipyard setting is considered an asset
- Experience in a Quality Assurance Role is considered an asset
- Must be eligible to meet requirements for Canadian government security clearances
Key Responsibilities & Outcomes:
- Reviewing, updating and writing naval system and equipment technical documentation
- Analyzing engineering changes to naval ships/systems/equipment (including structures, materials, welding, paint and preservation, shock and vibration, damage control systems and piping systems) to determine the impact to ship’s systems, equipment and technical documentation
- Providing on-site technical support to customers during the implementation of engineering change installation packages if required
- Working with the Engineering department to identify design issues and potential solutions to engineering changes
- Providing technical input to engineering specifications and drawings
- Conduct technical investigations and engineering studies
What We Offer:
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary commensurate with skill, ability and experience; along with a comprehensive Total Rewards package including;
- A flexible medical, dental, and vision plan
- Employee & Family Assistance Programs
- RRSP matching program
- Flexible work hours
- Hybrid work arrangements
- Health & wellness reimbursements
- Opportunities to take part in job related training and individual development plans
- Growth and progression opportunities within Fleetway and the larger network of the J.D. Irving group of companies
- Business casual work environment, with casual Friday’s
Additionally, in your covering letter, we ask if you could identify how your work background and experience aligns with the job profile and requirements.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. If you are interested in this posting, you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please complete the online application form. An up-to-date resume showing experience and education is required. We thank all candidates for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.