Warehouse Manager – East (Permanent)
Underpinned by a deep understanding of technology integration, asset management, and specialist training, Babcock International works with customers around the world to improve the capability, reliability and availability of their most critical assets within the key market sectors of Marine, Land, Aviation, and Nuclear.
In Canada, Babcock works in the Marine sector, where our teams provide critical and complex support to Canada’s submarine fleet. Our Canadian team is proud to be trusted to deliver key naval in-service support for the Royal Canadian Navy. We also operate in the Aviation sector, where Babcock ensures that the aircrew trainees of our partner nations receive the world’s best flying training. We deliver vital aerial emergency services and are proud to have been selected by the Government of Manitoba to deliver their wildfire suppression services, as well as key components of their critical air ambulance services. As well, we have expanded into the Canadian Nuclear Energy Industry. Cavendish Nuclear, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Babcock International Group, is a leading nuclear services company with a growing national and global presence. Drawing on over 60 years of nuclear experience, Cavendish Nuclear provides specialized service solutions in Canada, with global capabilities across the entire nuclear life cycle.
Whether it is providing technical training instruction, developing training materials or maintaining critical training assets, Babcock is trusted by its customers to deliver world-class training solutions.
Our business relies on our people delivering their best day in and day out. As individuals, we all make a difference to our colleagues, our customers and others who we interact with on a daily basis. Collectively at Babcock, our employees embody the ‘Being Babcock’ principles that help make us great at what we do:
- Always strive to deliver
- Build great relationships based on trust
- Safeguard customers’ reputations
- Never compromise on health and safety
- Challenge ourselves and each other
- Respect people and value their diversity
- Thrive on complexity
- Trust our people to deliver
We encourage you to explore our Babcock Canada website to learn more about us at www.babcockcanada.com.
In this role, you will:
- Oversee and provide clear direction and guidance for the management, tracking, and accounting of all material in the Halifax Warehouse.
- Interface and maintain communication with all relevant stakeholders, internal and external
- Assist in the maintenance of all related documentation and quality assurance certification in accordance with applicable requirements
- Develop reporting staff; set clear objectives; manage performance; develop skills and competencies
- Contribute to the implementation of continuous improvement opportunities
- Provide report generation in Babcock’s inventory/enterprise control systems
- Assist in the development of Supply Chain Warehouse Processes and Procedures
- Be responsible for the occupational Health and Safety of all direct reports
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary and reasonable to support the business.
The ideal candidate brings:
- You hold a High School Diploma or equivalent (College or University diploma an asset)
- You have 4-8 years current experience (within the last five years) working in a warehouse/inventory management environment
- You have experience in material management for major equipment and systems
- You have previous experience in a management role
- You have proven project management skills including; budget, forecasting, and maintenance experience
- You have an understanding of risk management processes
- You have excellent stakeholder management skills
- You are skilled in the use of Microsoft Office applications, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A professional supply chain designation, such as Certification in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM) through the American Production and Inventory Control Society (APICS) is considered an asset
- You have experience with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems. Experience with either Industrial and Financial Systems (IFS) and Defence Resource Management Information System (DRMIS), would be considered an asset
- You are available for occasional travel, both locally and across Canada
- You are eligible for Canadian NATO Secret Security, International Trade in Arms Regulations, and Controlled Goods clearances
- Proof that you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, meaning that you must have received the full series of a COVID-19 vaccine approved by the Government of Canada with the final dose at least 14 days prior to your start date
- You are eligible for a Canadian Secret Security and ITAR Clearance
Applicants, please apply online at https://www.babcockinternational.com/careers/
Babcock Canada supports the safety and wellbeing of our employees through the following programs:
- Contributions towards an employee’s physical and mental health
- Wellness days
- Supportive work life balance: flexible work schedule and competitive annual vacation time off
- Comprehensive health and dental benefits
- Pregnancy and Parental Leave top-up available
- Employer matching of employee retirement contribution
- Employee recognition and bonus programs
- Support of professional development and reimbursement of membership dues
- Relocation assistance for individuals and families
Babcock is committed to promoting a workforce without boundaries. One that welcomes everyone to contribute to our success regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age. If you require accommodation during any stage of our recruitment process, please let us know how we can assist you.
Job Segment: Manager, ERP, Quality Assurance, Project Manager, Management, Technology