About the role
The Ship Integration team is looking for a co-op student to help with key initiatives for our group.
- Streamline processes and automate steps with reporting tools and data collection. Pull data from various sources, manipulate and consolidate the data
- Prototype a proof of concept Dashboard Status Reporting Tool.
- Establishing a DATABASE structure for the various datasets.
- Pre-populate the database with initial data for demonstration purposes.
- Design and implement a user interfaces allowing users to poll the DB and perform queries
- Document and present tool to the team and management.
- Support documentation for the proposal to move the proof of concept into a funded program.
- The program would be run using an AGILE approach
What you bring to the role
- Current student in a Computer Science program
- Database Developer Skills: knowledge of physical database design and data structures, knowledge of database objects including tables, indexes, views and statistics, Proficiency in SQL with ability to write complex SQL queries and other features
- Scripting skills: EXCEL VBA, Python or Perl
- Eligible for NATO Secret clearance
Additional skills desired for the role
- Active security clearance will be considered an asset.
- Results-Oriented Self-Starter Attitude.
Language Requirements in Quebec
Knowledge of the English language is required for this role as the position described in this posting requires the candidate to communicate every day with a virtual team outside Quebec as well as communicate with different members of the organization, clients and suppliers located outside of Canada. For engineering positions, the candidate must also be able to read or modify technical documents from our main clients and write technical documents for these same clients.
What we offer you
We walk our talk when it comes to work/life balance! Your physical, mental and financial wellbeing matters to us. On top of working in a highly supportive, friendly, respectful environment, this is what you can expect when you join our team as a Regular Full-Time employee:
- Flexible, compressed work schedules, depending on business requirements, where you have the option of Fridays off, as well as the possibility to work remote part-time
- Competitive compensation
- Time to recharge with vacation, personal days, holidays, and parental leaves
- Comprehensive Family Medical, Dental and Vision coverage available on your first day of employment, along with:
- Virtual Health Care (24/7 access to medical professionals)
- A Wellness Spending Account to aid in your wellness journey
- Employee & Family Assistance Program (EFAP) which includes free face to face counselling sessions
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Onsite fitness facilities at our main office locations
- A Registered Retirement Savings Plan that includes matching company contributions on your first day of employment, that also includes access to Financial Advisors providing investment advice and comprehensive financial planning
- Employee discounts to save on goods, services and various recreational activities
- Access to a robust spectrum of development resources to enhance your skills and/or advance your career including:
- Free learning resources through a modern and engaging platform
- Education Assistance Program
- Reimbursement for a professional membership
- Self-directed Mentoring
Lockheed Martin Canada is the Canadian-based arm of Lockheed Martin Corporation, a global security and aerospace company employing 115,000 people worldwide, including more than 1,300 Canadians. By applying innovative approaches of our highly skilled and experienced Canadian workforce, we have been Canada’s trusted defence and aerospace partner for over 80 years. We operate major facilities in Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Calgary and Victoria and work on a wide range of programs from advanced naval technology products and unmanned systems software to providing delivery and in-service support of the latest military aircraft to commercial engine repair and overhaul capabilities. This position is part of the Rotary and Mission Systems business area, where employees across Canada support engineering, systems integration, training, sustainment and in-service support programs for Canadian and international military customers across land, air and sea.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin Canada is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. We are committed to excellence in serving all customers, including people with disabilities, and we encourage feedback on the provision of these services.
Clearance required for role